Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 4 of Cleanse

This morning I had the most yummy breakfast of two fried eggs and bacon. My dog Digby watched on very eagerly as I chowed down. I haven't had this for breakfast since I was a kid. I remember every Sunday my mum would make scrambled eggs with bacon and fresh orange juice. It was always such a treat as it was the only day the whole family would eat breakfast together. We were always a family that ate dinners together but not breakfast as much.

Tonight, I made a delicious Shepard's pie. I put some coconut oil in a large frying pan and chopped some rosemary, celery, shallots, leek, minced 4 cloves of garlic and grated some carrot.


First I added the garlic, shallot and leek and sauteed until soft, then added the celery, carrot and rosemary and sauteed until soft.

I then added 1kg of minced organic lamb and stirred until lamb was cooked and brown-ish colour. If I weren't on the cleanse I would now add a glass of red wine and let it evaporate.

I then add 250ml of organic free range chicken stock (I buy mine from Norton St Grocery) and two tablespoons of tomato paste (just make sure your tomato paste hasn't got any added sugars). I give it a good stir and leave to simmer for about 30-40 minutes.

Meanwhile hard boil 4 eggs.

To make the mash top
I steam a whole cauliflower and about 200g of pumpkin. Once soft I put in food processor with 2 tablespoons for Extra Virgin olive oil and blend until smooth. If I weren't on cleanse I might consider making a fluffy potato mash instead with butter and cream.

I then place the lamb mix in a large baking dish then cut hard boiled eggs into slices and arrange evenly on top of lamb mix then I spread the mash mix on top and put in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes.

Serve with some steamed green vegetable or salad of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment