Sunday, February 14, 2010

8 week cleanse


Tomorrow I am starting an 8 week cleanse. This means no sugars (except for lemon, limes, green apples and berries), no grains, low GI vegetables, nothing fermented, no diary for first 2 weeks, no caffeine, no alcohol. Im doing it along with Aaron and Alana for Origin of Energy and with the assistance of Anthia, my naturopath from Ovvio.



First things first, cleaning out all the junk in my pantry. Refined sugars, chocolate and even soy sauces are being thrown out or given away to friends. My beloved Illy coffee has been given to my sister as I just wont be able to resist with it looking right at me. All i have left now is some salt, some olive and coconut oil, a few herbal teas, my cleansing herbs (kindly brewed by Anthia) and some garlic. As for the fridge I have a bunch of radish, grape fruit, 2 green apples and some lemons. I have also done a spring clean of my apartment. Im dealing with piles of paper work that has been staring at me for months. Feels good to finally be getting it together. All I need to do now is some grocery shopping.

My shopping list:
Lemons
Limes
Green apples
Pink grapefruit
Blueberries
Rosemary
Thyme
Turmeric
Cumin
Shallots
Pumpkin
Carrots
Radicchio
Avocado
Broccoli
Fennel
Zucchini
Coconuts

Almonds
Walnuts
Cashews

Whole fish
Organic lamb shanks
Organic free-range chicken
Organic chicken livers

These are all things I know I can eat. Now I just have to get cooking. It will be fun with all these delicious ingredients. I will definitely be blogging about my cooking, eating and troubles over the next 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment