Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 3 of cleanse

I had training this morning with Guss from Origin of Energy. We are now entering the meditative exercise week, which means 20 reps and 5 sets using a lighter weight. These exercises are to go with the cleanse to we are regenerating the body and building energy. After training I was very hungry. I always am but especially because of the cleanse. I have 3 scrambled eggs with some dill and a coconut. For lunch I had a fisherman's soup with lots of mussels, prawns and monk fish, made by my boyfriend who is an amazing cook and a salad of radicchio and fennel.



Tonight I am making baked snapper with a big salad of radicchio, rocket and fennel. Just something really light and fresh as today is really humid in Sydney.

Some people find it scary to cook a whole fish. It is really very simple. I love snapper as it only take 20 minutes in a 200 degree Celsius oven. Get your fish monger to scale and degut the fish first then I just line a baking try with baking paper, put a bit of butter and salt on top of fish, some bay leaves inside and that's it. You can tell when the fish is cooked by scrapping back a bit of the flesh from the tail. If it comes of easily the fish is done.

Another thing that is really simple is salad dressing. It takes more effort to buy it! 2 lemons squeezed of there juices,1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, pinch of salt and heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard. Place and in jar and shake.

Dinner took me about 30 minutes to make. A perfect lazy dinner without sacrificing taste or quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment