Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week one success




It is Saturday again, which means I have completed my first week of the cleanse. It has been 2 weeks since I haven't had caffeine and chocolate and a week since eating anything processed, tinned foods, sugar, starchy vegetables (no potatoes or sweet potato) and grains or diary. I have been drinking lots of water and herbal teas, eating pasture feed organic meats, fresh fish, lots of organic vegetables and a few berries. I feel amazing, my skin is clear and I'm not one bit tired.


Last night I invited four of my closest friends over for dinner. Of course all the food was cleanse approved and organic but still equally if not more delicious. As everyone arrived I offered either a glass of wine or a coconut. To my surprise everyone chose the coconut. So we all stood around sipping our very tropical and nutrious coconut cocktails.





For dinner I roasted a large organic pasture fed chicken from Sam the Butcher. I stuck a red onion, two garlic cloves, sage and rosemary in its bottom and rubbed lard on its skin before putting it into an over at 200 degrees Celsius for an hour.

I also roasted a whole jap pumpkin and 2 fennel bulbs with some lard and sage, for just under an hour at 200 degrees.

For the green vegetables I sauteed some leeks and garlic in some coconut oil until brown then added some trimmed green beans and broccoli. Once they were semi cooked I added some silver beet and a splash of organic chicken stock to lightly steam everything. This took about 10 minutes. After cooked I put on a nice plate and sprinkled with salt.



We had a massive bowl of berries for dessert with optional cream and a chocolate souffle. Desserts are my favourite thing to make. I used Lindtt 70% and 4 eggs to make it so I isn't that bad for you. Lindtt 70% is a really good quality chocolate and it doesn't contain soy lechitin. I couldn't send my friends home without having a proper moist, gooey and rich chocolaty dessert. I didn't have any but my friends enjoyed it very much.

The night was really fun and everyone agreed that we should make it a regular thing.

This morning I had training at 7am at Bondi with Aaron from Origin of Energy. Before training I had a coconut and afterward I had 3 eggs scrambled. I went for a swim at Neilson's Park, Vaucluse and then went to the Farmers market. The fish monger had really good Gar fish and I also got a massive organic cucumber, lemons and 3 big bunches of Lillie's.



For lunch today I grilled the Gar fish on both sides for about 3 minutes. For the salad I finely cut the cucumber and dressed with lemon, EV olive oil and dill. Then Jason and I enjoyed some blueberries for dessert.



Tonight we are going to a pop up restaurant in Chippendale. Hugh is the farmer and the chef. We went there 2 weeks ago with friends and the food was brilliant. I love that Hugh farms it and cooks it. The produce is all organic and cooked with love. I love knowing exactly where my food come from and that it has been prepared with utmost care.

All in all it has been a successful week and a fun day. Im really looking forward to this time next week when I can start having diary. This means I can start cooking more different things like pate. I really just cant wait to have sheep's yogurt in the mornings for breakfast. Honestly, I'm getting a little sick of eggs.

Looking forward to another hard week of training and eating lots of whole fresh foods and feeling great. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment