Sunday, April 4, 2010

Protein Shake


In the past I have used protein powders for a short period of time and I found that they cause constipation and give me a weird tummy. Now I wont even go near them. The process that the whey goes though to get to the powdered form gets rid of all the nutrients and makes the fats unstable, not to mention dehydrates your intestines. I strongly don't recommend protein powders as there is nothing better than whole food.

This is the most delicous and nutritious protein shake for post training.



2 organic pasture raised eggs
200ml of raw whole milk ( I use Cleopatra's)
If you don't like milk you can always use the juice of a young coconut and the flesh on the inside.

1 heaped teaspoon on raw cocoa powder
Handful of berries for sweetness

Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse 5-10 times. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment