Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Long Weekend

I spent this Easter long weekend in the country, at my partner's parents place. It is the most magic place. We really do have the best of both worlds, the beach and the country side.

Easter Saturday dinner was 8 hour lamb and brussel sprouts cooked in butter, followed by a traditional Russian Easter cake. The Easter cake had ricotta, cream cheese, sultanas, and lemon rind in it.  Of course, Sunday there was an Easter egg hunt with lots of yummy Swiss chocolate eggs.

Nearby there is a diary which we visit every afternoon at 4pm to collect fresh raw milk. This is always the highlight of my stay down there as I really feel like I have a connection and control over the source of my food. We are almost self sufficient there in terms of food.

We are planning to get away from Sydney as much as we can to unwind and eat amazing fresh foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment