For the pastry:
150g of unsalted organic butter (cold) and cut into small cubes
300g organic Spelt flour (wholemeal is best but white is fine)
pinch of salt
30ml of water
- Add flour, butter and salt to food processor. Mix until it looks like bread crumbs.
- While still mixing slowly add water (you may not need to add all of it) until it forms a dough.
- Place ball of dough in the fridge for half an hour
- After half and hour, roll out dough (1/2 cm thick)
- Place over quiche dish and press in
- Blind bake (so put some kind of weight on top of pastry otherwise it will puff up) for 20 mins until golden brown at 180 degrees Celcuis
10 organic eggs
400ml of organic cream
100g nitrate free bacon
table spoon of butter
- Melt butter in frying pan and add finely sliced leek. Saute until soft
- Chop bacon into small cubes
- Whip the eggs and cream well
- Add bacon and leek to egg mix
- Pour eggs mix into pastry
- Cook for 30 mins in an oven at 180 degrees Celcius
Add a tablespoon of rapadura to pastry when in food processor
To make custard....
6 organic egg yolks
1/2 cup of rapadura
200ml of raw whole milk
vanilla bean pod
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale and frothy
- Heat milk until almost boiling and take off heat
- Add half a vanilla bean pod
- Add egg yolk mix slowly and whisk quickly so it stays smooth.
- You ill need to keep whisking and put back on low heat for about 5-10 minutes until it thickens.
- Once thick add to shortcrust pastry that has been precooked as above and put in fridge to set.
- Will be ready to eat in roughly 1 hour.