Sardines are a great source of omega 3 and calcium. Heavy metals aren't such a problem in little fish like sardines either.
Here is a really yummy recipe, which Jason's mum suggested.
First you have to clean them. Its a bit of a messy job but once you get the technique its fine. You cut the stomach of the fish with a sharp knife. Scoop out the guts (quite gross). Then with your thumb hook onto the head and pull back along the spine. Repeat this will all sardines.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Mix together 4 cups of bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon of salted capers, 1 finely sliced chili and garlic and a bunch of finely chopped parsley and about 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
- Line a porcelain baking dish with roughly half the mixture and then lay the sardines skin side up in a single layer
- Cover the sardines with the rest of the mixture and drizzle with a little extra olive oil
- Put sardines in oven for 10 minutes