3-6 purple artichokes
juice of one lemon
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
and handful of parsley finely chopped
- Peel back outer leaves of artichoke starting at the bottom. You will eventually get to the heart and they inner soft leaves.
- Roughly rip off soft leaves at the top
- Cut artichoke in half and scoop out furry part in centre with a spoon or small knife
- Quickly slice as thin or thick as desired (i like about 3-4mm thick) and put in lemon juice before they brown
- Repeat with all artichokes
- Drizzle with olive oil and add parsley
- Give it all a good mix and serve!
I use roughly an artichoke per person.