100ml dry white wine and 100ml of port
600g of unsalted butter
900g organic chicken livers
1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees celcius.
2. Finely chop eschalots and combined with 2/3 of wine and port in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes of until reduced by half. Leave to cool.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Spoon into a jug leaving milk solids in pan.
4. Process raw livers in a food processor until smooth.
5. Add egg and wine mixture to food processor and combine.
6. With motor running gradually pour butter and process until emulsified.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Grease a 10cmx22cm, 1.5 L terrine mould and line the base with baking paper.
9. Pour in liver mix and place mould in a roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water in roasting pan to reach half way up side of mould.
10. Cook for 1 hour or until set.
11. Allow to cool. Remove from mould and refrigerate.